Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Little About Myself

First of all, let me tell you straight out that I am not a writer. You'll see THAT right away, as you read through my posts. And, I'm not trying to be a writer, either.

I'm just an ordinary person who's always enjoyed writing down funny events and stories that I've experienced in my life thus far. Something funny will happen to me, I get this totally dumb idea to want "to share" and I'll run to the computer and make a story out of it and e-mail it to all of my friends, in hopes of making my friends laugh at me. If you read any of my stories, you'll see that my stories are more like chit chatting, ramblings and random thoughts as I describe my life and try to make my friends laugh.

Quite recently I've had a few of my close friends tell me I ought to write a book about the adventures of my life.

"Oh yeah, ME, write a book.......sure!"

Me, with no writing experience. I've never been good at English. I'm a terrible speller and I tend to ramble on and on about absolutely nothing.

After reading thru some of my pages of little quips and notes that I have taken thru-out the years, I then decided why not? I certainly don't have to be some big, professional writer in order to tell my stories. So.......here I am!

You'll notice I make fun of my weight all of the time. I use to be thin and fit! I'm 43 years old. I taught aerobics and worked out every day while in my early 30's, but I have simply let myself go within the last 10 years. No, I'm not super heavy, but you could refer to me as "Chunky" or "Overweight!" A lot of my friends are overweight, too, and I have nothing against being "Big", trust me! I'm a very positive person with high self esteem. And don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with the way I look, either. You'll see I'm a very fun, happy and positive person. I don't normally let things get me down and I'm happy just the way I am! I don't have to be thin to be happy, I just like making fun of myself!

Some other random things that you'll want to know about me..............I like tequila and I collect tequila bottles. I like to color and I collect coloring books. I have a little Yorkshire terrier named "Max" who loves to pee all over my house. Speaking of which, I do have an incontinence problem. My family and friends mean the world to me. I'm very proud of my 3 children (Brad - 20, Brooke - 19, and Hailee - 16.) I am on my 2nd marriage to a wonderful man named Rob and we've been married 10 years. My first marriage lasted about 5 years and we parted as friends. I like making people laugh and I'm not afraid of being the center of attention. I have the absolute most wonderful parents in the world........(I could not be more truly blessed in that department!) I drink a lot of "energy drinks!" I spend a lot of time making a fool out of myself, and I'm not afraid to look stupid and do stupid things. I love Cheeseburgers! I know the "Thriller Dance!" I like to drink alcohol, but I can assure you that I do not have a drinking problem. You will notice that I talk a lot about my "coyote ugly butt-less chaps." My alter-ego has a name, and we call her "Venus." I spend a lot of my time talking about absolutely NOTHING!

All of these things will be mentioned in my future posts. My friend Judi told me one time that I have a terrible habit of "telling too much" to people. So, if she's right, and if you continue to follow my posts, you will probably learn way more about me than you may think appropriate.

I'm so looking forward to having a lot of fun on here and making my friends laugh! You will either think my post are foolish, boring, and lacking talent or you'll stay tuned to hear more about my crazy fun life! Either way, I'll be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people.....I love your comments! I seriously want to hear what you think!