Saturday, August 1, 2009

Getting the Giggles

I can honestly say that I have the greatest job in the world! I work side by side with one of my best friends, Chris. We are secretaries in an office at an exterminating company. (We get rid of household bugs!) Chris has been employed by this company for 8 years, and I've been here for 7 years. And through-out the past 7 years, we've gotten close and formed a strong friendship.

Our boss's honestly "ROCK!" On Fridays, we can drink cocktails after 3PM. (No....... the purpose is not to get sloshed and totally out of control drunk, but simply to unwind after a long busy week by sipping a little cocktail or two.) Our drink of choice is normally "Sparks." Which is how I came up with my catch-phrase: "Sparks Time"

So here we are at work and it's 3PM on Friday. Chris and I are all pumped up to drink Margaritas today. (We've decided that we're taking a break from the sparks thing, this week.) On this particular day, I had brought some pre-mixed margarita's to work with me this morning......................you know how I like to be prepared. (For those of you who don't know me well, you'll never catch me in the forest without a flashlight and a jack knife.)

Well....margarita number 1 went down way too fast and so we refilled our cups (we use coffee cups, so those people who don't need to know we're actually partaking in an alcoholic beverage at work, won't have a clue.) And keep in mind we're drinking them without the lemons and the salt on the rim. (You can't be too obvious, of course!) So now we are on drink number 2 ..........went down pretty good, we're both getting the giggles and feeling like "fun-girl wannabes."

So I'm pouring drink number 3 into our coffee mugs and I just happened to glance at the "margarita - plastic - 2 liter bottle" (this is an important part, so you'll want to pay attention.) The bottle is now 3/4 of the way gone by now, and yes, you can guess what appeared in little block letters on the side of the bottle.

"NON-ALCOHOLIC MIX"

This morning when I went to my fridge to pull out the pre-mixed margarita bottle, it appears that I grabbed the non-alcoholic bottle instead, (unknown to me).

So apparently Chris and I are not as drunk as we think we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people.....I love your comments! I seriously want to hear what you think!