Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Balloon Ride


How exciting! I got to cross another thing off of my Bucket List this morning! I had an opportunity to go for a ride in a "Hot Air Balloon" this morning! Something I've always wanted to do.

 
Thank you to "Northern Lights", Pilot Al Smith for the wonderful ride.


It was not like anything I imagined it would be. I thought it would be very scary up there in the air, soaring over the trees, but on the contrary.......I wasn't scared at all...... 600 ft. off the ground.
 
And so quiet and peaceful........ except for the sound of the propane burners that went off every so often, (which I didn't mind of course, because they are what kept us up in the air.) Nothing like being in an airplane and looking down. Moving so much slower, feeling the wind and being in the fresh air. We even flew over my house, not directly right over it, but pretty close, and I could see it from up above. Funny how things look so different from 600 feet up in the air. We forget how so very small we are in this world, when you're able to view it from a different angle. It was definitely one of the most exciting things I've ever had the chance to do so far in my life.
I will leave you with the Balloonists' Prayer:
"The Winds have welcomed you with softness. The Sun has blessed you with its warm hands. 
You have flown so high and so well, that God has joined you in your laughter, and set you gently back again into the loving arms of Mother Earth."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people.....I love your comments! I seriously want to hear what you think!