Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little House on the Prairie and how I almost hit a Horse.......

I want to start off by saying that I have NOTHING against the Amish……….the Amish are very polite, they never complain, they don’t ask for much, they live off the land, and they don’t mess up the environment………. so they’re ‘KUDO’S’ in MY book…………….and no -I would have NO problem going back in time and living in the “Little House on the Prairie” days………………..back when all was well in the world…………(ALTHOUGH……………I don’t know if I could get used to wearing those long skirts day after day after day……………………maybe just sometimes….because I’m more of a JEANS type of gal…………….and did they have Cheeseburgers back then? .................…and I’d have to stay away from ‘Nellie’ - cause she was a real BITCH and I’d be tempted to punch her in the face!........I’m just saying!)

BUT, my friends – I ask you……………….why is it when - there is a ‘torrential down-pour’ going on around us and there may be thunder and lightning ripping from the skies……….. OR………….. a ‘raging blizzard thundering down from the heavens’ with ‘white-out’ conditions………and the visibility as you drive down the road is next to nothing……………………..THERE THEY ARE………going 10 miles an hour……………appearing out of nowhere ……….….in their little black buggies with their little square kerosene lanterns with dim lights a’flickering ……….horse hooves pounding the pavement………

What the HELL? .........................Are these people TRYING to get hit? Come on now……………helllloooooo………can’t you save whatever it is you have to do that day - for a day when people can actually SEE YOU coming in your little buggies?

And the only reason I’m bringing this up…………is because I almost HIT ONE the other day……...not the buggy – but the horse………yes, I almost hit a HORSE and sent it flying to the ditch (as Mr. ‘Buggy-Driver’ decided to make a ‘left hand turn’ immediately in front of my car – with absolutely no warning!) ……..and NO I’m not bitter…………….it’s just that almost hitting a horse in the middle of the road is enough to get me a little ‘WOUND UP’…………………..…………..

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, people……..……in order for my vehicle to MISS hitting the HORSE in the middle of the road and sending both horse and buggy flying thru the air in ‘maniacal carnage’ (with what would have been a bloody mess)…………I had to drive down into the ditch………with a guttural scream and various curse words escaping my lips…………my sunglasses (that were resting on the dashboard of my car at the time) went flying across the dashboard, hit me in the face, hindering me blind for a fraction of a second………..…YES - I did pee myself………and I’m pretty sure that I vomited in my mouth and then swallowed it!

All I’m saying is……..please – Mr. and Mrs. ‘Amish-family-buggy-drivers’…………I’m not passing blame………..BUT……………PLEASE BE SAFE and take heed of the automobiles and gas fueled vehicles that are out on the highway..............simply BECAUSE......... although you may or may not have the right-a-way……..you can NOT always be seen under certain driving conditions – even when the vehicle is going slow due to the weather………….and I’d HATE to RUN OVER - YOU and your HORSE!
Photo courtesy of the internet.

8 comments:

  1. As perfect as Little House seems...remember that along with that perfection comes another type of house...Outhouse. No Thanks! I love my running water, although something about a having a chuch/school/town meeting all grouped into one building is pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wha? I've never seen an Amish person in a buggy before. That is hilarious and you are lucky you got off with just peeing yourself. I would have shat my pants. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Chicken........I've more to think about: there's electricity to think about too - my hair would look like crap every day, I couldn't get on facebook, and How the Hell would I BLOG?! :):)

    Therese: I see the little black buggies all the time on the way to and from work. I think they're neat (neat, until you almost hit one, that is!) :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - that is hilarious... well, umm, horrible. But so funny... and so true

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting Knit1kids4......I love visitors......and thanks again for the Hot Chocolate recipe! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to thank you for visiting me on my SITS day and leaving me some blog love! Everyone was so sweet and I really enjoyed the day!

    Blessings,
    LMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! Too bad the Amish don't read blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jenny, I like your cartoons. I am stopping by from theLadyBloggers. Have a lovely Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people.....I love your comments! I seriously want to hear what you think!