Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Little Frickin' Chickens

Okay....the new thing in my life (....well, one of the new things....) is Chickens!  Yep - I got Chickens!  They're about 16 days old.  It was a spur of the moment thing........well, almost........I had wanted Chickens last year, but Hairyman said ......(and I believe his exact words were...) .... You don't have any CLUE about raising Chickens!" ..."You'll end up killing them!"......"We're NOT getting Chickens!"....."You CAN'T HANDLE Chickens!"....."(he treats me like a child, by the way.....)

So anyway.....we're in TSC about two weeks ago.......we 'spur of the moment' stopped in to buy two things: 1. gloves and 2.) moisture absorbent canisters!  Well.........45 minutes later......no gloves.......no moisture absorbent canisters............but Chickens! 

Hairyman said he'd buy me Chickens, but said ......(and I believe his exact words were....)  "These are YOUR CHICKENS!"...."I'm not going to have anything to do with them!"  ......."I'm not feeding them, I'm not making any Chicken coups, I'm not gathering eggs ...I'm not doing anything that has to do with these Chickens.....They're gonna be YOUR CHICKENS!"  He's telling me this as we're carrying out 6 chickens, a mini-chicken coup, chicken feed, bedding, a feeder and water thing, and a heat lamp. (So much for the gloves and moisture canisters - HA!)

I was going to post a 'selfie' with one my chickens.....but that didn't pan out so well......
This morning I picked up a Chicken ..........now picture this........here I am.....holding it in one hand....(the Chicken).....up to my face....camera in one hand - Chicken in the other.......keep in mind that the Chicken is peeping out of control...(because it's become very evident in the last 2 weeks that my chickens don't LIKE ME....) .......I'm trying to maneuver the camera .....to get a good picture of me and my chicken.....(Let me point out that I'm NOT wearing my glasses!)
.....and the little frikin' chicken turns his head and PECKS ME IN THE EYEBALL! 
I jump....drop the Chicken ....grab my eye......the Chicken takes off...I'm now chasing the Chicken around my yard..........shouting obscenities.......... with one hand over my
eye (I'm basically blind....cause I can't see anything anyway.....even on a good day)
............LITTLE FRIKIN' CHICKEN, ANYWAY!
Important Notes:
1.) I did catch the Chicken
2.) I'm pretty sure I have 'Salmonella of the Eyeball' now ..... and
3.) I've pretty much had ENOUGH of my Chickens for today!

LITTLE FRIKIN' CHICKENS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people.....I love your comments! I seriously want to hear what you think!